Saturday, January 31, 2009

Perks of Desolation

I wish I could drive a fossilized Cadillac
right through an arid desert
in the middle of Arizona
so my desolation can have its own landscape.

I’ll ask the grains of sand
rocketing in swirls around the wind
if it’s seen my talent running by;
I’ve been calling it for months now.

The citizens of Earth are not cold.
It was just my eyes that gave them frostbite,
my mind that morphed their faces
to resemble the hideous change within.

I’m not sure if that’s a truth
that fate has put on layaway since birth,
or perhaps a rumor that’s been force fed
like wart-ridden frogs to the purest of tongues.

All I want at this point
is to be a center of a desert’s mushroom cloud,
leaving with a new look at the sky
and a bit of dry skin.

3 comments:

  1. your poetry tastes like albuquerque...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that's a compliment, so thanks dear!!! well I guess Albuquerque really does fit the atmosphere of the poem...I can definitely imagine the narrator wanting to drive in Alby, so thanks again =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's why it's getting published! Good shit peho

    ReplyDelete